the MAPI Clinic
Welcome to the website for the MAPI Charitable Clinic, a healthcare center for those in need that provides treatment for common medical problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, and arthritis, to patients aged 18 years and older. All medical care is provided free of charge by highly qualified physicians of the Michigan Association of Physicians Indian Heritage (MAPI).
The MAPI Clinic serves recently discharged patients from the hospital in need of a primary care physicians; referrals from places of worship i.e. temple, mosque, church or gurudwara; parents, relatives and friends of foreign born residents; and, new arrivals to the United States from abroad.
Please note, however, the clinic does not provide emergency care and obstetrics services.
The Michigan Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (since renamed the Michigan Association of Physicians of Indian Heritage to better reflect its membership) established a Saturday medical clinic to serve the needy in Oak Park, Michigan, in 1996. Originally the clinic functioned out of the office of Dr Pramod Raval and subsequently from the office of Dr. Pratibha Modi.
A freestanding facility was acquired by FOMAPI (Foundation of the Michigan Association of Physicians of Indian Heritage) at the present location in Lathrup Village Michigan in 2012.
MAPI CLINIC Accomplishments
- Total number of patients seen in 2016 = 346, 150% more than 2015 (Total patients seen in 2015 =138)
- Installed Eye Care and Dental care rooms for new services
- Established new free prescription service for formulary drugs
- Established consistent schedule of quality primary care physicians
- Established 15 Specialty referral services provided by 24 specialist physicians
- Teaching provided to 91 Volunteer medical students from Wayne State, Oakland University, and high school students
- Patient feed-back surveys consistent with very high satisfaction scores
- Building improvements with resurfacing of the parking lot, upgrading the exterior of the building, and new landscaping